Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Big Cook

If no one has heard of this cookbook before, I would seriously check it out. www.thebigcook.com ...Sandy heard about it in the summertime and proceeded to buy the cookbook (and then came out after I had Grace and made a bunch of meals for me out of it). Basically, the concept of the book is to get together with a group of friends and pre-make a lot of meals that you can then put in the freezer and just make as you need them. I have since turned Lisa on to the book and she suggested that we actually do one of these big cooks. I have a few interested parties so when it actually happens (maybe end of October, early November) I will post how it went. I would not want to do as they say and make meals for 6 entire months as I do like to cook and I think that just thawing and reheating might get annoying day in and day out, but it is great on the days that you know you just won't have time to cook (and is certainly cheaper than those commercial places that you can go to and do the same thing in a commercial kitchen). Anyway, teh authors are also going to present on October 1 at a church in the park so I am thinking of going.

2 comments:

Sandy Volume Haney said...

Interesting, if you go let me know how it is! I made Amazing Chicken, Mango Pork, and Spicy Peanut Chicken at home. Amazing Chicken is thumbs up. Have yet to try the others. There is a bit of redundancy in the recipes, but in a good way for those who can't think out of the box. When I made these, I was already thinking of others things I could try. The inside design and copy writing is something to be desired, but the book totally delivers!

Carlyn Volume-Smith said...

The mango pork was not as good as the chicken. But it was good. I hear that their favorites include: lazy lasagna, hamburger soup and thai chicken. I still want to try the mexican casserole.