Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rhubarb n' Raisin Betty


I think that it might be a bad sign that I have pictures of food on my camera's memory card and I am starting to forget what recipes I made when! The following one is a Rhubarb n'Raisin Betty that I made when there was fresh rhubarb from the garden (well, mom's garden) and when I was feeling like I wanted something a bit simple and homey to bring to the office for dessert. Here is the recipe.

6 cups rhubarb peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup raisins

Topping
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt

Fill 10 inch casserole dish with chopped rhubarb and raisins then pour the granulated sugar on top. For the topping - mix the ingredients then sprinkle over the fruit. Pat down lightly with your hand and back uncovered in a 375 F oven for 40 minutes. It is great served with ice cream or frozen yogurt.

No comments: