Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Comfort food reigns

After a week away on the road in Florida it didn’t take long for husband to say “I can’t wait to have a home cooked meal”. What better to tackle on our first day home than the good ol’ comfort food of Mac n’ Cheese (recipe test #15, too)! Now, I have only made this recipe once or twice since childhood. This is due to a bad flu experience one day after I had mum’s own mac n’ cheese. It turned out to be one of those foods I couldn’t eat for a while, which is very unfortunate because we loved it. I did a few alterations---added about ¼ cup of Imperial Cheese along with the cheddar. This made the taste a bit “sharper” (saltier, too). I also used some funky pasta I had bought recently. It’s kind of like fusilli but wider and stalkier, with edges on the perimeter of the spiral to trap more sauce. I forget the name and I have already transferred it to my pasta container. Good choice for this recipe!

No comments: