Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mushrooms on Rice


It's been a number of months (well, over half a year!) since I've passed the perogies, but I am ready to stop the drought.

A few weekends ago, I was in dire need of some comfort food. It was cold, rainy, and life was generally "blah". I knew the last recipe test Car did on here was the "Mushrooms on Toast", so I did the Sandy-fied version: Mushrooms on Rice.

It's basically the same mushroom sauce recipe as in the previous post, except that mine is one step lazier: I use a can of mushrooms (instead of fresh). This recipe is especially perfect on comfort food nights, especially when moving seems like a chore. It is easy and filling and cosy. I love to serve the easy-to-prep mushroom sauce on top of hot cooked rice instead of buttered white bread that has been toasted, but both options hit the spot.
Seems like this mushroom sauce makes it way into a lot of recipes on here!

No comments: