Friday, February 23, 2007

Cancer

Excuses, yes - I am just glad she didn't blame it on Cancer. That is in terms of her astrological sign, which she has used before.

I wonder if Car ever tried the Lazy Perogies? If she does, then we'll be somewhat caught up. I think this weekend I'll assign the potato cakes. We are having steak tomorrow night so I am going to try those as a side. Mum sent over the recipes; however, she gave two for the bean casserole. Now I don't remember which one it was that we had since neither of the ones she gave included white beans. So, I think the one with lima beans she sent is the one we were talking about...?

I was away in Calgary for the last week and was well fed at the conference hotel. I had a night out with a girlfriend of mine and when asked what I wanted, I said Vietnamese. There are some great Vietnamese joints in Calgary, which I really miss. Codo on 17th Ave has the best satay soup and Bangolak Saigon is delish. Most of the ones we have tried here are a bit dodgy at the best of times, although I have discovered Little Vietnam here in Van and might just have to whittle away at the places to find a goodie.

No comments: