Friday, February 2, 2007

Not so colorful casserole

The weekend before last when I made the blender pancakes on Sunday I tackled Lazy Man Perogies for dinner (sorry – no pics!). It was okay. A little bland but salt and pepper corrected it. It was served with kielbasa and some beets. I also think a cold veggie salad or leaf salad would be a good accompaniment. On its own, it’s a little boring in terms of aesthetics. Basically, the color of pasta, the color of cottage cheese, and [brace yourself] the color of potatoes. Surprisingly enough, I found the casserole was better the next day once it had “set” and it tasted better. It’s that second-time-around-better-than-the-first experience. Maybe our hopes were too high at dinner! I froze a few slices which I had had for lunch a few times and it worked out well. Not sure it should hit the recipe book, but a good alternative to the full daylong making traditional perogy.

No comments: