Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yes, I do hear you......

Hi - sorry about that little sis - I have been extremely lackadaisical in both my cooking and my entries as of late and I have many excuses.
  1. My basement is being built in. I know this sounds silly, but the guy building it is is this sweet widower who always stays for supper and has very particular dinner tastes. I guess in theory, I should be trying my recipes on him, but I just can't seem to stray from the basic potato, meat, frozen veggie formula.
  2. I am pregnant - not a suprise for most but I damned tired. Hoping to shake this feeling of neverending weariness in the next trimester but for now, I am hitting the bed at 8pm and am semi-conscious from the time I get home until them.
  3. I am pregnant - No food appeals to me. I am not sure what it is but I feel full most of the time, even if I am not. I can't even flip through my cookbooks (my usual favorite reading material) because I just can't handle the feeling of the bile rising in my throat. This, obviously, is causing a hindrance in my cooking habits.

That said, I am always full of excuses and these, while likely more valid than previous ones, still do not excuse that I have fallen behind. The lazy perogies will be on the menu for Friday night. I still have the recipe and I will see if our thoughts are the same as Sandy's. I have asked mom to cc me on the recipes she is sending to Sandy today.

Luckily, with Sandy away at a conference in the next week- and with no access to a kitchen- I might actually get ahead and she can be the slacker for once.

Carlyn

No comments: