Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Sister, can you hear me?"

To help facilitate some recipe making, I have put in numerous requests to mum for copies of a few different recipes, namely: White Bean Casserole, Potato Cakes, and Creamed Spinach. That way we will have a few to draw from at least to make as some sides. The section we haven't tackled at all is the desserts. I think I will have to start volunteering to bring desserts for potlucks, etc. otherwise making those just for the two of us might not be a good idea (for my ass!). Last week I made the famous Chili. I love the recipe and it is great for freezing. I should send the recipe to Car although I am sure she has it. It is on "the list" but I probably make it every month so I didn't even realize it. One thing I was thinking that needs to be added is Handwarmers (a bun with yummy, savory fillings) cause I enjoyed those but haven't made them in awhile.

I am feeling ambitious and may convert "the list" into a spreadsheet to help organize and include ratings, who/where it is from, the twist, etc. I am also going to start putting the recipes into soft copy so we have that in one file. I have got scads of e-mail print-outs and recipe cards, which could become a very daunting task to translate over if left too long (see picture).

Tonight we are going over to a good friend's place for dinner. She is an AMAZING cook and we always have fun trading up recipes and such. Can't wait! I think she is making her famous stacked halibut with roasted red pepper sauce from Cinda Chavich's "High Plains" cookbook. A great book.

Carlyn, do you read me? have you tried the Lazy Man/Woman Perogies as yet?

No comments: