Monday, February 26, 2007

Patty cakes

Saturday I made recipe #13 (14?) with Potato Cakes served as a side along with steak and veggies. The cakes turned out better than I think I have ever had them (dare I say it??!!!). The husband loved them. They were light, fluffy, and super flavorful. I did do them a smidge thicker than the way mum used to make them but I was happy because they cooked evenly through. Because of being thicker, I only made five but I could have stretched it to six. I cooked the cakes about 12 minutes and then broiled to brown a bit on the top. We liked them so much that we even reheated them and used along side for Sunday breakfast eggs. Very good.

This weekend I don’t think I will get a chance to try any recipes…maybe the sausage and beans. My brother-in-law and girlfriend are in town and not only is skiing in the plans but a curling bonspiel. Husband’s aunt and uncle are also in town so we’ll likely be doing brunch. I haven’t gone out for brunch in a bit. Maybe we’ll do Provence, Watermark, or opt for debauchery and verbal berating at Elbow Room. Fun!

No comments: