Monday, April 9, 2007

Mom's macaroni and cheese

I feel compelled to comment on this one despite the fact that I have no pictures (hey, it looks exactly the same as Sandy's on the plate despite the fact that I tend to use plain old macaroni). This recipe is one that is made at our house at least once every 2-3 weeks - particularly during this pregnancy as I seem to have become fixated on carb loading. I tend to take a bit of license with the amount of cheese that the recipe calls for, and by that I mean I add more. I also add a mix of velveeta and cheddar becuase I find it makes the sauce smoother. Jason objects to the chopped onions that I put in the sauce, but I think that it adds a nice kick and I do not think that the sauce is quite the same without.....

3 comments:

Sandy Volume Haney said...

Onions! That's it--I am not sure whether I included onions or not but I think that really helps with the flavour. Next time I will try Velveeta, too...

Sandy Volume Haney said...

Oh yes, I also want to try mac n' cheese with squash. Found a couple of neat recipes of that variation. Still a lot of cheese but at least there is some veg in it!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.