Monday, April 9, 2007

Long live Paula Deen

I am writing to pay homage to Paula Deen. If you do not know who she is - she is a southern chef who, in her words -" can add a calorie to anything."
http://www.foodtv.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=101886

Well, last night we cooked a couple of recipes from her book and I have to say that despite the guilt associated with eating them - they were amazing. The first was a twice baked potato casserole with -wait for it - 8 potatoes, 2 cups of cheese, 1/2 a cup of butter, one clock of cream cheese and bacon in it. The second was a mint brownie that was reminiscent of a mint nanaimo bar but a bit firmer and therefore a bit easier to eat. Needless to say we had the moms asking for recipes and the dinner was a hit.

Jason, who has fallen in love with all that is Paula Deen, has bought me another one of her cookbooks so I am sure that he must be trying to collect on my life insurance...

1 comment:

Sandy Volume Haney said...

Those ingredients give me a bit of the fat gags (similar to my cheese gags but not as dry) although would still love to try it.