Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Feasts

I haven't posted in a bit...this is day 4 of eating our faces off (or eating our asses on as husband says). We are currently in Edmonton for Christmas break and have been feasting, catching-up with friends and family, feasting some more, and sharing in lots o' holiday cheer. Last night Christmas dinner at Mum and Dad's served up: turkey (brined - mum's first time doing that and it turned out YUM YUM), stuffing, Holland Cheese Scallop (a la Sandy), carrots, beans, potatoes, gravy, and perogies (OF COURSE!!!!) served with mushroom sauce then apple pie for dessert. We have a box of goodies to take back with us to Vancouver, even including a bag of perogies--which never lasts long when we get them home. It's been a lovely visit and I've especially enjoyed seeing my little nephew, who is such a hoot!!! I luv it. It's nice to be back and playing Auntie. Not sure what/when our next recipe test will happen. I suppose the Holland Cheese Scallop I tackled for dinner could count. It's a rich rice, egg, and cheesey bake that a childhood friend had at their place for dinner waaaay back when (Thanksgiving, I think??) and I HAD to get that recipe. It always wins the crowd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy!!
Sorry we missed you guys during your visit in Edmonton! Wish we could have come over on the 26th... however, we were busy entertaining the family- two of whom arrived from Calgary that day (or else we would have been there with bells on!!)

Katie