Friday, November 17, 2006

Not for the faint of heart

Sandy, who said this adventure was going to be without a bit of trepidation?

What would the fun be if we didn't prepare a dinner with sweaty palms and a bit of anxiety?

Luckily, you being in Vancouver in the midst of the boiling water festival could potentially blame any foul fowl on the likelihood of water contamination. Me, on the other hand, will have no one but myself to blame for any cooking fiascos that may occur. And, on that note, the chances of such fiascos occuring is pretty darn high because of the 'loose' manner in which the recipes have come to us. Cooking a bird "until done" wouldn't be an issue if we roasted birds regularly - unfortunately, like Sandy, I have only done so once in my kitchen.

Look for my update sometime on Monday - with hubby trashing - I mean fixing- our home computer - I will not likely be able to elaborate on the Sunday festivities until later.

1 comment:

Sandy Volume Haney said...

Yes, yes i know. Husband is also scared but intrigued. Take pics even if you can't download them yet (dur to botched computer)!