Thursday, November 16, 2006

Roast duck? What the $%#&?

So, Carlyn (who I tend to refer to as Car in my blog A.K.A Big Sis) has assigned us Roast Duck and Creamed Corn for our recipes this weekend. I double-checked our cookbook recipe list to be sure and yup, there it was: Roast Duck with Wild Rice Stuffing. I am scared. I have had duck only like three times (all good) although have never even cooked it myself. I did my own roast chicken for the first time last year -- alas, I am finding this task daunting!!! After the recent flurry of bad weather here on the Wet Coast, they have now instigated a boil water advisory (turbidity = more sediment + other nasties). Even after boiling the water it is still cloudy with a hint of pea greenish/yellow (to stay on the theme of cooking). Now the Creamed Corn I can handle. Actually I am more excited to make Corn Chowder with it for the next day! Now, where do I find duck...to roast...not BBQ'd like found conveniently in Chinatown.

No comments: