Monday, November 27, 2006

Omelletelepathy

All hell breaks loose when it snows out in the West Coast. I took this picture yesterday and today is much more like a winter wonderland. Good news is the boil water advisory has been lifted. The bad news is power outages and terrible roads, but I am a snow bunny at heart and love this little taste of winter we're having. It's the prairie girl in me screaming out Bring it on!!!!

Had a jam-packed weekend, but did have time on Sunday morning for recipe test #6: Spanish Omelette . This weekend I was caught up in a few events of people trying to do things before the busy Christmas season gets busier, but everyone is trying to do this at the same time, so the concept backfires. The weekend did include a cookie bake and decorate-a-thon, which was wicked. Gingerbread and sugar cookies. Mmmmm--mmm. Anyhoooo, I digress: the recipe's name is deceptive as the product has no spanish flare at all (or at least I fail to make the connection at this stage). It is like a potato frittata. It was very easy to prep and simple, yet tasty. I have to admit, I couldn't bear three days of leftovers for just the two of us, so I halved the recipe (worked perfectly!). It could also easily be transformed into other styles such as tex mex (black beans, cheese, and salsa on top) or Italian (with chorizo and green pepper). I had a GREAT chuckle when I saw Car's entry--we prepared it almost identically except I used cherry tomatoes. Bacon (Costco has the BEST) and tomatoes along with the dish was a perfect combination. We cut it into squares the next day and put on a bun along with cheese and bacon for a hearty breakfast sandwich (husband's idea--very yummy).

I have a new laptop and am grappling a smidgen with trying to type correctly and get used to the touch mouse. I do love it, though. Car's enthusiasm for one rubbed off. Armed with a new cell phone (my first) and a laptop. Watch out, world! Luddite no more!!!

Now, I have one day free this weekend for our next project, as I leave for out-of-town on Sunday. I'll await big sis's pick(s) and will rest up for the challenge...

No comments: