Sunday, November 26, 2006

Organic eggs and and other luxuries







I believe that there are a few things in which it really makes a difference about what brand you buy. Some examples: ketchup, flour, soap and tomato juice, Kraft Dinner....Sometimes going for the 'no name' option is just not going to cut it. Similarly, once you start using organic, free-run eggs, you will never go back..... I was reminded of this as I commenced cracking 10 big eggs to make the Spanish Omelet this morning. The shells are harder (why are the other shells softer anyway?) and the yolks are a deep, golden hue. This is in stark contrast to the eggs that I used to use that seemed to be pale and generic - boring actually, like the lives of the chickens that laid them likely lived. Now the organic onion, on the other hand, was likely a waste of money!

The omelet was great. While it was baking in the oven I cooked some bacon to go with. It was a nice breakfast - and will be great at room temperature as lunch with a salad (at least I hope so because that it what we will be having for the next couple of days!).



No comments: