Saturday, November 11, 2006

Vancouver's Test Kitchen

Well, I made two of "the" recipes tonight. Nana's Beef Stroganoff and the Cheesey Squash. I didn't even have wine with dinner for fears it would affect my palate for the taste testing. First encounter with the squash was figuring out how to peel it effectively (skin is so hard!) Also, Mum recommends Hubbard squash but I got Acorn. Out of the 5 varieties at my local grocery store downstairs, no Hubbard. And YES, it did taste exactly how I remembered it!! And then Nana's Stroganoff worked out so well. The husband even LOVED it like he does Nana's (even with broad noodles, not orzo) so that's a good sign (and hopefully it is not just because the Flames were winning the hockey game). I did tweak here and there from what I had learned last time I tried the recipe with some hiccups. Will now resend updated recipe to Car so she will have some tips for when trying it...

No comments: